Saturday, March 21, 2009
I thought this was pretty cute...this is from Facebook. I asked Leah the questions and in quotes are her answers. Leah is doing great, only a few months left of school. We just had conferences with her teacher and she is doing very well. She can read more and more each day, and we are so proud of her. We're enjoying Leah as she gets older and more mature. She is pretty funny and insighful too! Anyway, enjoy some of what Leah says about me: her "mom"!
1. What is something mom always says to you?"I love you"
2. What makes mom happy?"giving hugs and kisses"
3. What makes mom sad?"when I don't listen to you"
4. How does your mom make you laugh?"tickle me under the armpit"
5. What was your mom like as a child?"good and bad"
6. How old is your mom?"30"
7. How tall is your mom?'i don't know, let me find a tape measure..4'5"""
8. What is her favorite thing to do?"cook"
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?"play with stuffed animals"
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?"it will be becuase of me"
11. What is your mom really good at?"Cooking"'
12. What is your mom not very good at?"boxing"
13. What does your mom do for a job?"teacH kids"
14.What is your mom's favorite food?"mashed potatoes"
15.What makes you proud of your mom?"Helping me clean up my room"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?"Tom of Tom and Jerry"
17. What do you and your mom do together?"watch tv"
18. How are you and your mom the same?"we both wear jeans"
19. How are you and your mom different?"we don't have the same hair"
20. How do you know your mom loves you?"because you give me hugs and kisses"
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?"to resturants"
Most of it is pretty accurate!!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
So just in case you didn't know, my sister got engaged on Valentine's Day and is getting married in June. Talk about a whirlwind!! It is crazy that her wedding day is just a few days before my first anniversary with Michael. Emily and Brian have already done so much in these two short weeks, and as maid of honor, we've already gotten the ball rolling on planning a shower and her bachlorette festivities. As much as all of this is about Em and Brian, I have found myself looking back to last year when I was the bride. Now, as I sit in my living room, looking at our mantel with some wedding pictures, I am so thankful for all the effort that my friends and family put into my wedding! It was such a great day and the festivities leading up to it were fantastic. I appreciate everyone. I am also reminded about how excited I was for my wedding day and becoming Michael's wife. He is my best friend and each day I love him more and more!! Another interesting thing is that Emily and Brian met on EHarmony also and are one of 3 couples that met on EHarmony after they heard my story about meeting Michael. I am not saying they are engaged because of me, but I like to think I have a hand in it!!
My fabulous aunts who threw me a bridal shower at my mom's house!!
My crazy girls and me celebrating in Palm Springs my last night of singleness!!
Just after we had our first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Koontz...the best day of my life!!