Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Highlights...so far!

Can you believe it is already November?? It has been a long time since I have posted, and we have been busy with living life. Leah has been doing well in school, Michael has been traveling all around the country and I have been recovering from sinus surgery and waiting for a new job to start. Not insurance...like I posted before. I had begun studying for the Life and Health Insurance Exam and getting ready to work for Aflac as a sales person, when I got a phone call from a school I applied to over a year ago. I interviewed the following day and was offered a teaching job...that I am still waiting to start. It is with California Virtual Academy, an online public charter school for all ages. I am responsible for teaching and managing about 20-3o students...all through the internet while working from home. It is a little "out of the box" but sound like it will be a good mix of my teaching experience and my experience as an administrator at Sylvan Learning Center. The hold up is waiting for enough students in my area to enroll. It could be that I start tomorrow or in a few months. In the meantime, I will continue to substitute teach in my area and get my Insurance Liscense. I am more than half way through the course, and it's good for 2 years, so why not? Right?? It could be something to do on the side for extra income. Pray that the waiting for the teaching job comes to an end!!

But in the meantime we've enjoyed Halloween, and 1/2 marathon for Michael and getting ready for the approaching holiday season!! Here are some photos of the marathon and Halloween!! Enjoy!!


The "after" photo of Michael and Leah

Leah showing off her medal from her Kid K

Leah running her Kid K


Waiting for the Kid K to start...a little bit bored, can you tell??


Michael getting ready to start his 13.1 mile race!! (he's so handsome!!)

In February, we're going to do the Surf City Marathon in Huntington Beach. And when I say we, I mean my mom and I are going to do a 5K, Michael is going to do the half-marathon, and Leah is going to do the Kid K...I need to start training ASAP!!
Halloween Highlights!

Our Kitty Cat, with her Loot
She's soooo cute!!

The "Surgeon" and the Kitty Cat, ready to go...I stayed home and passed out candy!

Anxiously waiting to go with our pumpkins!!
Our pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment