Sunday, February 7, 2010

February Antics-Part 1

This is a jam packed month of "stuff" so that is why there is a "Part 1"...look in a few weeks for another post about our upcoming ski trip...





Anyway, I have now worked 2 weeks at my new job as a tutor for Autistic kids. It is a LOT of work, but I am already in love with the kiddos I work with. Each kid brings a new set of challenges, but I look foward to the progess they will make with me...it will be very rewarding. We are adjusting at our house to our new schedule and I think it will work...Leah gets more time with Michael and I get a chance to make a difference in the lives of the families in our community!

Even though I've been busy with work, we managed to take a mini-trip to Huntington Beach for the Surf City Marathon and 5K this weekend. We went down on Saturday and in between rain storms we went to healty life Expo at the beach to pick up our packets...including our new shirts and bib numbers!! We then had a nice evening with dinner with Aunt Diana and Wii playing!! Leah is in love with Wii and couldn't get enough of it!! I managed a few games myself and Michael showed us how to Wakeboard and Jet Ski with a Wii!!

On Sunday morning, we were up before the sun to go to the Surf City Marathon and 5K. Michael did the half marathon and I did my very first 5K. I finished with my best time ever...which is still pretty slow, but I am proud of myself and look forward to the next time we get to race. Michael did well on his half marthon and even shaved off 15 minutes from his last 1/2 marathon time just 3 months ago. Leah got to do a kid run and ran a mile in just about 12 minutes. She is a trooper, and very patient waiting for all of us to finish our runs! My parents were great to watch Leah and be our paparazzi documenting the day!! After the race we had a great lunch at Buca Di Peppo...or whatever it's called! We even brought out doggies and they got to play with Charlie...they are way too funny to watch! Here are a few photos of the run:
Here I am heading to the finish line...seeing my family gave me the boost to finish strong!!
Me, Michael and Leah after all of our runs!!


Leah's race, with me encouraging her to "keep on going, you're almost there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment