Wednesday, May 5, 2010

30 years old!

I'm 30th...here is a pic of me and the hubs at a birthday party I had, and some musings about such a big birthday!!


I have been 30 for 3 days now, and I don't feel any different than 29. I have been doing a lot of thinking though about the past and the future and if I am where I thought "I'd be" at 30. Does that question make any sense? I feel like I have been the type of person who takes each day at it comes, and hasn't had the sense of dread about turning 30 that maybe some other people have had. On Sunday, driving to my parents for my birthday dinner I got to thinking about how much my life has changed in the last 10 years. I am now in my 4th decade and I feel like my 3rd decade went by in a blur. While pondering, I thought of 30 things that I have done or accomplished in the last 10 years...you can stop reading now and know that I look forward to the next 10 years or you can talk a walk down memory lane with me!!

In the past 10 years, I:

- graduated college

-earned a BA in Communication

-taught outdoor science school

-got a teaching credential

-substituted a lot!

-was a "'boss" at Sylvan

-went to Europe with my sister and Chris Kidder

- drove across the country with Chris Kidder

-went to Graceland

-went to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole

-joined EHarmony where I became a success story

-moved to Santa Ana, then to Lancaster, then to Palmdale, then to Santa Clarita

-got a teaching contract

-got an engagement ring

-was a bride on my wedding day, in one of my favorite places

-became a mom to the best kiddo ever

-was a "Room Mom"

-go to parent-teacher conferences instead of leading one

-became a housewife/stay at home mom

-learned a lot (and am still learning) about autism

-made some amazing friends

-went on 2 cruises to Mexico

-became "mom" to 2 special doggies

-am beer-brewing helper

-became a good meal cooker

-am holiday-house decorator

-am blog reader and writer

-was a bridesmaid and matron of honor a few times

-am a Koontz!!


Now that I am here...I am happy to be here and look forward to the next 10 years...can't even imagine what they will hold, but I'm looking forward to it!!

1 comment: