Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Happenings

Can't believe that it is already July.  We've had a pretty low-key summer so far.  Nothing crazy happening.  Leah is enjoying camp and child care fun, while Michael and I are busy working.  I was up at the cabin a few weeks ago celebrating my dear friend Kari's upcoming nuptials!  It was a great girls weekend, and a chance to relax and hang out with good friends. I'll be heading to Minnesota for the wedding on July 16th.  Looking so forward to it!! :)

Michael is currently recovering from shoulder surgery.  He had a tendon impinged between 2 bones on his left shoulder.  The surgeon went in and shaved some bones arthroscopically and now Michael is on the mend.  He has had a rough week, but with a special sling and a special flowing cold water ice pack thing, he is beginning to feel better. 

For the 4th of July, Leah and I headed to mom and dad's for a little BBQ and swimming.  I am the lameo who didn't take any good pictures, but Leah sure enjoyed her time.  We got home in time to watch our neighbors put on a little fire work show.  It was very cool to have seats so up close and personal.

We also have a little addition to our family.  We got a little kitty...a cute lil' guy named Manny.  We now have all the Pep Boys...Manny, Moe and Jack.  Our little pet family is complete.  Manny has joined our family nicely and the dogs have taken to him, too.  Jack (the little dog) is a little leery, but Moses, the big guy is super gentle and loving with our little kitty!!



Michael and I also celebrated our 3rd anniversary.  Can you believe it??  We've been together for 5 years now, and I can honestly say that I am more in love with him today than I have ever been.  I feel so lucky to have a man that provides for me, makes me laugh, makes me think and is just generally fun to be around!!  I am looking so forward to what the future holds for us!!  To celebrate we went to this awesome restaurant that we found called Piccola Trattoria.  It is seriously THE BEST Italian food we have ever had.  We went back the following week for Michael's bday dinner, too!!  And we know we've got a new favorite!



That's all for now...hope you all are having a good summer, too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment