Sunday, August 21, 2011

The End of Summer...

At the beginning of August, I took a week off work for a little "stay-cation" and cabin fun.  It was a great opportunity to spend a little time with Leah, and relax at Bass Lake with my parents!  Best part of the week, was not working!!  Ahhh...

Here are some highlights of the last month...



Leah and I went to a new beach in Ventura, and were able to enjoy the sun and the surf.  Although, I think Leah liked the sand crabs the best.  After a week in Hawaii last summer, she had no fear of the waves and was in them the minute we arrived.  We went with the Koscheski's, and she had a blast with Luke and Emma.  Day 1 of my "stay-cation" was awesome!!


Day 2 of my "stay-cation" I took Leah to Color Me Mine and she painted a cute little doggy.  That day was filled with fun and painting and a little Monopoly playing.  It was a fun little Laura-Leah day!!


The rest of the week was at Bass Lake with my parents.  It was beautiful as always, and we had some good times and good food!!  :)

Paula Deen's Blackberry Pie...sooo good.  Here is the recipe,( minus the tapioca and the blackbirds!!)

And here is our Middle Eastern Pizza....here is the recipe, only we used zucchini instead of eggplant!



And as usual, we went to the AV Fair...Leah's 8th year!!  It was a great day filled with food, fun and rides.  And like every year, here is our obligatory family photo!!  Love my little family and we are looking forward to what the future holds for all of us, especially since Leah is now a big 3rd grader!!  Can't believe our girl is so grown up.  The fair was a great way to end our summer and get ready to gear up for the fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment