Monday, February 23, 2009

Control Issues?!?

Lately, I have begun to realize that there are certain things that I like to have a certain way. The dishes need to get done in a certain order, my shower routine has a certain order, I check my email, and facebook stuff in a certain order. In my mind, the way these duties get done saves time, or energy, or water. I also know that these are things I am in control of. There are a lot of things in life we have no control over. I had no control over getting laid off. I have no control over getting called to sub. I have no control over the state of CA and how they distribute unemployment insurance (a fancy word for unemployment checks!). I know this. I know I can't do anything about it. I can hope that those checks will continue forever. I can hope that all these stimulus boosts will allow me to collect free money forever, but I know that is not true. Today I realized that this will probably not happen, and in the near future my contribution to the Koontz clan fund will be severely lacking. I HATE knowing that. I HATE that I cannot do anything about it. I HATE that life, and how we are accustomed to living it, will change. Now, I face a dilemma. Do I hope that I can somehow get called to sub everyday, or do I look for a 9-5 job that I will most likely hate? This feeling of "uncontrol" is hard for me to handle. I hate that I am letting the one I love the most down. I know that trusting God is the answer, but I am finding that my control issues are making it hard to do that. That is my ramble for now...let's hope the next post is a bit more positive... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Believe me dear sister when I tell you that you are not alone in feeling this way! I know that I have a lot of excitement going on with an upcoming wedding, but those fears are very real in my life right now too! It is hard to give up control but it's something we must do! I love you and I know things will work out when you least expect them! Just keep being the wonderful wife and mother you are! Love you bunches! Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, A very wise woman once told me "don't sweat the small stuff" as you get older and your family grows all of the things that are happening now will be in the past. That very wise woman was Gramma Mac. As long as we have Faith in the Lord a roof over our heads and food in the pantry we can get through anything. Hang in there it will be fine. Love Aunt Sherie

    ReplyDelete